Infrastructure and Development
Commission on Environmental Justice & Sustainable Communities
Established in statute, the Commission on Environmental Justice & Sustainable Communities (CEJSC) is charged with the following responsibilities:
- Advise State government agencies on EJ.
- Analyze the effectiveness of State and local government laws and policies to address issues of EJ and sustainable communities.
- Coordinate with CEHPAC on the issues of EJ and sustainable communities.
- Develop criteria to assess what communities in MD may be experiencing EJ issues.
- Recommend options for addressing EJ issues to the Governor and the General Assembly; include prioritized areas of the State that need immediate attention.
The Secretary of the Maryland Department of Planning is a member of the CEJSC and as such, helps to foster discussions on the link land between use planning policies and environmental justice.