Coastmont County Water Resources Element
Capital Improvement Projects
Major capital improvement projects that address long range planning needs for public sewer and water are:
- The ENR projects at the Big Pond WWTP (15 MGD) and Jones Creek WWTP (0.8 MGD).
- A 0.4 MGD expansion of the Jones Creek WWTP.
- The addition of three pumping stations to handle the additional flow from existing septic systems in the area surrounding Piedmont over the next five years.
- Establishment of a septic system retrofit program funded by the Bay Restoration Fund to upgrade 40 failing septic systems to the advanced bionutrient reduction systems that are in the Chesapeake Bay’s Critical Area.
- A new reverse osmosis water treatment facility to serve the expected drinking water demands in the Waverly area, with three new wells in the Millers Glen area that will yield 18 MGD.
- Appropriation of funds to study the feasibility of building a 6 mile 20” pipeline from the Coastmont River or a supply line from the Coastmont Water Treatment Plant in the Waverly area to meet the expected water demands from the large annexation project in Piedmont expected by 2015.