Jobs and Income
The jobs and income section has personal income estimates from the U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis for states (quarterly and annual) and Maryland counties (annual). Jobs by place of work data from the U.S. BEA are available for states and Maryland counties annually.
Also available from this site are annual job estimates for Maryland (and other states) from the current employment statistics(CES) program. There is a difference in coverage between the BEA and CES data. The BEA series is more comprehensive in that it includes federal military, railroad, household, agricultural, and other workers not covered by the unemployment insurance system. In addition, the BEA data includes estimates of proprietors. As a result, BEA job estimates will always be significantly higher than job estimates from the CES program.
The County Business Patterns data on this site are an analysis of high tech and biotech establishments available at the zip code level.
U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
Jobs and Income Data for U. S. and Maryland's Jurisdictions :
- State Quarterly Personal Income Through The 1st Quarter of 2015 (7/15)
- 2013 Annual Jobs and Income Data for Maryland's Jurisdictions (12/14)
- 2013 Annual Jobs and Personal Income for all States & Regions in U.S. (10/14)
- Number of State and Local Government Employees per 10,000 Population (1/15)
- Real Personal Income for States (7/15)
Wage & Salary Jobs by Place of Work Through 2014 (CES) - 3/15
|Job growth in Maryland continued to lag the U.S. in 2014 for the fourth consecutive year. Moreover, the gap in growth rates between the U.S. and Maryland widened in each of the last three years according to recently released revised data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation. ----> More Detail Information|
2012 IRS Individual Income Tax Returns by Maryland's Zip Codes (5/15)
- Earned Income Tax Credit Filers Reflect High Poverty ZIP Codes for Female Headed Families
- Data Tables :
Individual Income Tax Returns: Selected Income and Tax Items by State, ZIP Code and Size of Adjusted Gross Income, 2012
- Maryland ZIP Codes Sorted by Highest Average Adjusted Gross Income, 2012 : PDF | XLSX