Maryland Planning Commissioners Association
The Maryland Planning Commissioners Association Outreach Project
There are three ways that you can participate in the MPCA Outreach Project
- Complete our brief Outreach Survey (Coming June 2)
- Attend a focus group discussion at one of the following locations most convenient to you:
- Tuesday June 20: North Beach Town Hall, 8916 Chesapeake Ave, North Beach RSVP
- Wednesday June 28: Winchester Hall, 12 E. Church St, Frederick RSVP
- Wednesday July 12: Lower Eastern Shore Regional Office of the Maryland Department of Planning, 201 Baptist St, Suite 24 Salisbury RSVP
- Tuesday July 18: Allegany College Continuing Education Building, 12401 Willowbrook Rd, Cumberland RSVP
- Wednesday July 26: Baltimore County Center for Maryland Agriculture, 1114 Shawan Rd, Cockeysville RSVP
- Tuesday, August 1: Montgomery County Planning, 8787 Georgia Ave, Silver Spring RSVP
- Tuesday, August 8: Queen Anne’s County Planning and Zoning, 110 Vincit St, Centreville RSVP
All meetings are held from 5 to 7 p.m. RSVPs are requested but not required.
Answers to Questions you may have about this project
1. What is the MPCA?
- A statewide, nonprofit educational organization of municipal, county and regional planning commissioners and boards of zoning appeals members. See About MPCA
2. What does the MPCA do?
- Works to improve the quality of life for all Marylanders through planning, environmental protection, historic preservation, and growth management.
3. Why is the MPCA conducting this project?
- Timely and targeted training
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Determine what is important to local jurisdictions and what will meet their need
4. How will engagement in this effort benefit participants and their jurisdictions?
- Provide them with an opportunity to be heard
- Help them network with other stakeholders
- Inform them of what the MPCA is and offers
5. How will this effort benefit planning in Maryland?
- Ensure that all stakeholders have access to the best information
- Encourage best planning practices in Maryland
For more information about the MPCA Outreach Project
To learn more about this effort and how you can get involved, contact:
Local Assistance and Planning Manager
Maryland Department of Planning