Maryland Planning Commissioners Association
The Maryland Planning Commissioners Association Outreach Project
The focus group meetings are now completed. Thank you to all who participated in North Beach, Frederick, Salisbury, Cumberland, Cockeysville, Silver Spring, and Centreville.
There is still time to provide input to this project. Complete our brief Outreach Survey which will be open through the month of August
Answers to Questions you may have about this project
1. What is the MPCA?
- A statewide, nonprofit educational organization of municipal, county and regional planning commissioners and boards of zoning appeals members. See About MPCA
2. What does the MPCA do?
- Works to improve the quality of life for all Marylanders through planning, environmental protection, historic preservation, and growth management.
3. Why is the MPCA conducting this project?
- Timely and targeted training
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness
- Determine what is important to local jurisdictions and what will meet their need
4. How will engagement in this effort benefit participants and their jurisdictions?
- Provide them with an opportunity to be heard
- Help them network with other stakeholders
- Inform them of what the MPCA is and offers
5. How will this effort benefit planning in Maryland?
- Ensure that all stakeholders have access to the best information
- Encourage best planning practices in Maryland
For more information about the MPCA Outreach Project
To learn more about this effort and how you can get involved, contact:
Local Assistance and Planning Manager
Maryland Department of Planning