Media and Announcements
Media and Announcements Archives 2013
- New Bay Restoration Guide: What Every Marylander Can Do
- Maryland Heritage Area Grants to Boost Tourism throughout State
- MDP Secretary Richard Hall in a letter to the editor of the Baltimore Business Journal: Millennial push toward city living great for smart growth
- Worcester County Smart Growth Successes - The latest booklet in the series
(Visit to view our other publications)
- Application period open for the 2014 Sustainable Growth awards. These awards celebrate exemplary work that represents or inspires collaboration, innovation, conservation, community impact and quality of life. Nominations accepted through August. All Marylanders can apply.
- Listing of County and Municipal Planning Commission, Board and Boards of Appeals members now posted on MDP website. Please review your membership and send corrections.
- 2013 TIF Law Enhances Local Authority for Funding Community Revitalization and Economic Development
- New on Smart Growth MD blog: "Spoke Shops Signal Smart Growth", May 8, 2013
- In Memoriam: Orlando Ridout V, MHT
- FHFA Home Price Index for Maryland and its Regions upto Fourth Quarter 2012
- High Technology Establishments in Maryland 2010
- Biotechnology Establishments in Maryland 2010
- Sustainability Indicators for Maryland's Jurisdictions (April 4, 2013) Combined transportation, housing, equity, income, education and jobs data for Maryland showing performance measures that relate to maintaining sustainable, healthy and viable communities.
- New on Smart Growth MD: "Another Way To Live" provides a glimpse into one man's car-free commute, March 28, 2013
- New on Smart Growth MD: "Is There Life After Malls?" explores the future of the enclosed shopping mall, March 25, 2013
- Maryland Reaches Population Milestones: Baltimore City Grows by 1,100; Montgomery County Reaches 1 Million Mark. Read the D4TA M1NE article
- Sustainable Growth Forum page launched: See videos and pictures and the keynote presentation from the 1st Annual Sustainable Growth Forum and Awards Ceremony held in February
- MDP released its report on local jurisdictions' adoption of tier maps as called for in the Sustainable Growth and Agricultural Preservation Act of 2012, a new law that went into effect on July 1, 2012.
- MDP Secretary Richard Hall's Legislative Briefing on The Sustainable Growth & Agricultural Preservation Act of 2012 (Presented to Senate Education, Health and Environmental Affairs and House Environmental Matters committees, January 23, 2013)
- Maryland Sustainable Growth Commission is holding first annual Sustainable Growth Forum focusing on economic opportunities created by smart growth - February 5, 2013